DIY interior Painting
- Don’t let your paint dry out. A half-empty can of paint will dry out.
- Use the right primer.
- Avoid lap marks.
- Stir paint with a modified stirrer.
- Add texture, if you want.
- Don’t wash your brushes or rollers.
- Deal with problem tape.
- Determine the kind of paint on existing walls.
What is the right order to paint?
- Paint the Trim First, Then the Ceilings and Walls.
What is the best colour to paint a living room?
- Gray. Gray walls make your living room feel more spacious.
- Blue. It’s a no-brainer for the room that brings everyone together.
- Beige. Beige is the go-to neutral for interior designers.
- Black. Black is not the most obvious color for a living room–but that’s what makes it so great.
What is the best plumbing pipe to use?
- By far the most commonly used pipe in residential homes, polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pipe is the white piping commonly used in plumbing applications. Affordable and versatile with a number of different fittings and sizes available, PVC is great for most warm and cold water applications.
What are the most durable plumbing pipes?
- Copper pipes are probably the most traditional plumbing pipe used due to their extensive duration and reliability. They provide superior corrosion resistance, great material to be used for hot and cold water, and it can be managed easily.
How do i unblock my drain?
- The Bent Wire Hanger. Simple enough, but surprisingly effective.
- Baking Soda and Vinegar Mixer.
- The Wet & Dry Vacuum.
- Boiling Water.
- Caustic Soda.
How to unclog drains with coke?
- To get started, purchase a two liter bottle of Coke and allow it to acclimate to room temperature. After pouring it down the drain, let it fizz and work its corrosive power for an hour or two before running hot water. Coke and Pepsi are loaded with phosphoric acid, which breaks down buildup that can clog your drains!
What is the cheapest way to remodel a bathroom?
- Use Lower-Cost SABS approved Materials.
- Paint Your Wooden Floor.
- Refinish Your Tub Instead of Replacing It.
- Touch Up Your Tub Rather Than Refinishing It.
- Refresh Cabinets With New Hardware.
- Install a New Sink Faucet.
- Install a Pre-Fabricated Shower.
- Install Your Own Toilet.
How much does it cost to remodel a small bathroom?
- The national averange to remodel a small bathdroom is typically R 18000, but it can range anywhere from R45 000 going up depending on quality of material used.
What tile is best for bathroom?
- Porcelain tile is the best of all worlds for bathroom flooring, as it is waterproof, stylish, and cost-effective. Like stone, porcelain tile can achieve a rich, textured, solid feeling. Like vinyl, it is waterproof and is fairly inexpensive. Like wood flooring, tile looks great.
Which colour is best for bathdroom tiles?
- Black and white
- It’s best to go with a colour that’s in the middle. Grey tone tiles are very on trend and accompanying them with white walls is always a safe choice, because it’ll never date.
How can i renovate my kitchen cheaply?
- Be Prepared Before You Start.
- Bright White Can Hide Outdated Cabinet Design
- Doors Conceal Outdated Cabinets
- Cut Corners, Literally.
- Light kitchen up.
- Keep Plumbing Where It Is.
- They’ll Never Know It’s Remnant Stone
- Keep plugs where they are.
How do i plan a kitchen renovation?
- Set Your Budget Before You Remodel a Kitchen. As you go about planning the new kitchen, be realistic about the cost.
- Do Some Research. Visit kitchen showrooms and home stores to figure out the cost of items, and then figure out what you need and what you can afford.
- Consider “Hidden” Costs
How much should i budget for kitchen renovations?
- The total expense varies depending on the size of the space, the quality of materials, and whether you change the layout of the room. Otherwise its from R30 000 for an average modern kitchen.
Which is the best kitchen lay out?
- One-wall. Originally called the “Pullman kitchen,” the one-wall kitchen layout is generally found in studio or loft spaces because it’s the ultimate space saver.
- Galley. This efficient, “lean” layout is ideal for smaller spaces and one-cook kitchens.
How much does a ceiling cost?
- Nonetheless, whether you’re looking for the cost to drywall a ceiling, drop ceiling costs or any other ceiling project, the average cost to install a ceiling is R140 per board multiplied by number of square meters plus labour per hour at R450.
What is rhinoboard ceiling?
- RhinoBoard is a plasterboard and consists of an aerated or foamed gypsum core encased in, and firmly bonded to, special paper liners. RhinoBoard is used as lining/cladding for ceilings, drywalls and drylining. RhinoBoard is non combustible and it is used as a lining in fire rated drywall and ceiling systems.
How much does it cost to repair a water damage ceiling?
- The average cost to repair a ceiling with water damage is about R1200 per board replacement, including labor and material charges. If you find spots or crack anywhere in the home, then don’t waste your time and call a water damage repair company right away.
How much does drywall cost?
- It cost from R890 per linear meter to install a drywall.
How much does office partitioning cost?
- An open plan fitout with a few offices would cost between R890 per linear metre and include: An open plan work environment. Workstations with partitions. A few small offices.
Drywall partitioning prices?
How much does paving cost?
- Homeowners can expect to pay from R85 per square metre to R200 per square metre to have paving installed in their driveway, and anywhere from R85 per square metre to R300 per square metre for the raw materials.
Is it cheaper to pave or put concrete?
- Standard concrete slabs are generally lower in cost per square foot than the alternative. Typically, you will pay 10%-15% more if you choose paving stones over standard concrete slabs. If you decide to upgrade to stamped concrete, paving stones will most likely cost you the same or even less in most cases.
How much does it cost to lay paving per square meter?
- There are 50 bricks (standard size 230x110x76mm) per square metre. When you lay each side by side there are 9 bricks per lineal metre. If you lay them end to end there are 4.5 per lineal metre.
How much is paving bricks in South Africa?
- From R175 to 205 per square meter depending on type of paving brick.
How many paving bricks are in a pallet?
- Paving Brick Interlock 80mm Per Pallet (480) 9.6m2.
Best cheap tiles?
- Tile Africa
- CTM Tiles
Is tiling easy?
- Laying tile is easy but laying tile and doing it well is difficult. From that angle, it may make more sense to hire a professional tiler than to do it yourself. If you’re trying to save money, one way to approach it is to hire the pro for the most visible areas.
What tile type is best for kitchens?
- Porcelain floor tile has sand added to the clay mixture and is made with heat and pressure to produce a tile that’s harder, denser and less porous than regular ceramic tile. It’s a good choice for high-traffic areas, kitchens and bathrooms. It’s tough enough to be used outdoors in any climate.
Which Tiles are best for flooring?
- For flooring, Vitrified tiles are the best bet since they are durable and can withstand heavy traffic. For walls, you can choose either ceramic or porcelain tiles as they are non-porous or do not absorb stains. For outdoors it’s best to opt for either matt finish or anti-skid tiles to avoid slips.
How much does it cost to install tiles per square meter?
- The labor costs for tile installation ranges from R65 to R250 per square meter depending on the type of tile and where it’s being installed.
Why is may geyser not heating up?
- It is a very common problem associated with a geyser. There are 2 heating elements inside a geyser that heat water. If the power supply in your home is fine but there is no hot water from geyser, it indicates that the heating elements have failed. Another reason for no hot water is a faulty thermostat.
How do i reset a geyser thermo start?
- The first thing you should check is the water heater’s reset switch, which is usually a red button on the upper thermostat of an electric water heater (you will need to remove the small panel to access it). If the button is lit up, it means the switch tripped and needs to be reset.
How can i reduce the power consumption of my geyser?
- Insulate the geyser. Turn the thermo start down. Install a geyser timer.
Why i my stove tripping the breaker?
- There are a number of possible causes for these units to blow a fuse or trip a circuit breaker. i.e. shorted heaters, timers, loose electrical wires. Unplug the appliance, replace fuse or reset breaker, if fuse or breaker trips immediately, fault is with house wiring or breaker box and requires an electrician.
How do i stop my stove from tripping?
- To prevent your oven from tripping: Switch on the oven for 15 to 20 minutes to 150°C at least once a week. To solve oven tripping: Call in a professional service engineer to check and replace the faulty component.
What size generator should i buy for a house?
- Homeowners can often power most household appliances using between 3000 and 6500 watts. If your home has a smaller furnace and city water, you can generally expect that 3000-5000 watts will cover your needs. If you have a larger furnace and/or a well pump, you will likely need a 5000 to 6500 watt generator.
How much does it cost to install a generator?
- It will take an electrician three to four hours to install a transfer switch at R650 an hour, They can be added with manual or automatic functionality.
How do you estimate an electrician Job?
- To determine the estimated labor cost for a job, multiply the total adjusted labor man-hours by the labor rate per man-hour. This is not as easy as it appears. First, you must determine the anticipated labor required to complete the project (total adjusted labor man-hours).
How much does it cost for an electrician to replace a light fitting.
- When you can use the existing wiring, installing new light fixtures will cost whatever you pay for the light itself, plus R650 per hour for an electrician to install them.
How to clear e48 32 on dstv?